Glenn Bennie is the co-founder and guitarist of Melbourne band Underground Lovers. The band have been an integral part of the Australian music scene for over thirty years and have toured both locally and internationally.
Glenn’s distinct guitar style has been at the forefront of nine studio albums with Underground Lovers, which he co-wrote and co-produced.
‘Melbourne has long been the epicentre of indie and progressive music in Australia, and for much of the 1990’s and 2000’s, local band Underground Lovers pushed sonic boundaries in a manner that made them cult favourites’. (Tom Elliot 3AW)
Glenn’s other recording project, GB3, has seen him team up with Steve Kilbey from The Church. Their November 2021 release, Sakura Flower, garnered critical acclaim.
‘Sakura Flower is a shimmering piece of incandescent dream pop/shoegaze with a mesmerising ambient undercurrent…Kilbey and Bennie together is truly a magical collaboration’ (Arun Kendal Backseat Mafia Magazine)
Throughout lockdown 2020/2021, Glenn also released a series of solo ambient EP’s on Bandcamp and will continue with some music in this vein into 2022.
- Glenn Bennie – Mood
- B E N N – Shan-Yu
3 Underground Lovers – Escalation
- Fishtank – meat sack
- Glenn Bennie – Signals V2
- J – 11 [bonus] yellow leaf flutters on a nail (mu tate remix)
- Underground Lovers – In A World Of Shit
- Distorted Memory – Sons of Perdition
- GB3 – Tripped up master
- Sugar Ross – In The Realm of Hungry Ghosts
- GB3 – Deranged_Controlled
- Milk Tsang – 黃色皮膚 Yellow Spirit
- GB3 – All for love reprise
- Jannah – Arp
- Underground Lovers – All Them Racist Ghosts Extended
- Bored Lor – Place For My High
- Underground Lovers – Riding – Rider by my side
- Ollie Olsen – Machine 2
- GB3- Compliance
- Underground Lovers – I was Right